Basic Info Edit
The Crazy mutant is commonly found wandering in any of the Locations around Orca Island.
The Crazy mutant has a relatively small aggravation range, and will attack any Players that wander too close and/or into its line of sight. Like all other Mutants, the Crazy mutant is attracted to gunfire, explosions, whistles, and movement noise.
When provoked, a Crazy mutant will continue to attack until it perishes, or kills its target. The Crazy mutant will not follow its target indefinitely - it will stop attacking and return to its roaming once its target is out of its follow range.
Unlike other Mutants, the Crazy mutant does not bear evident marks of genetic mutations. Rather, it looks like an inhabitant of the world gone crazy, still clothed and emaciated from the harshes of the post-apocalypse.
In combat, the Crazy mutant charges towards its enemies and attacks with physical blows, using its claws as Melee weapons. Every hit it lands does 10% of damage to Health, with a chance of causing Bleeding to their targets.
- When engaging with Firearms, always aim for the mutant's head. All headshots come with a 10× damage multiplier, so any mutant, with the exception of the Brute and the Spider, can be killed with a single headshot with any firearm
- Unlike Firearms, locational damage does not apply for Melee weapons. A blow to the mutant's head does the same damage as a blow to its arms or legs, 'aiming' with a Melee weapon is not necessary
- To avoid being cornered, lure the mutant into open areas. This also allows for more tactical options, such as maneuvering space and retreats
- It is unwise to attack any mutant unarmed. Mutants are physically stronger than Players, and thus do more damage per attack
- As of Update #38, Mutants can now throw rocks at Players, when the latter are out of range of the former's melee attacks
- The mutant's top speed is slightly lower than that of a player on foot - they are not able to keep pace with a player at full sprint
- Unlike Players, Mutants cannot jump or climb over obstacles
- Mutants have a slow rate of attack, allowing Players to eliminate them before they can potentially do more damage